How You Can Help
You Can Be A Volunteer
Become a CASA volunteer
You can become a Friend of CASA and help support the work of our volunteers and the children we serve.
CASA of Forsyth County is a volunteer-intense organization. Unfortunately the number of children we serve continues to increase, requiring us to recruit additional volunteers.
- Do you handle new and unfamiliar environments and situations well?
- Are you able to voice your opinion even if it differs from other's opinions in a public setting?
- Are you able to work independently?
- Are you able to withhold judgment on someone who may have abused or mistreated their child?
- Can you advocate for the return of the child to their biological parents if the parents have completed requirements for the child's return?
- Are you able to track appointments and coordinate your schedule to attend meetings and court hearings without reminders?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, you are just the person we are looking for! This is a great time to consider becoming a CASA! Contact Paula Malmfeldt at 770-886-4082 for more information or fill out our Volunteer Application and submit it
· via mail (875 Lanier 400 Parkway, Box 7; Cumming, GA 30040),
· email (email@example.com) or
· fax (678.648.9486).
CASA volunteers must complete
· an interview prior with CASA staff members ,
· an FBI and GA Criminal background check,
· 30 hours of combined in class and online curriculum training,
· 10 hours of courtroom observation,
· make an 18 month commitment to a child's case once appointed,
· and maintain 12 hours of continuing education credits after beginning their CASA work.
CASA volunteers are ordinary people who do extraordinary things for our community's most vulnerable children.