The 2019 Light of Hope Celebration will be held at Lanier Conference Center on Thursday evening, April 25, 2019! A "Light of Hope" awardee is any community member who epitomizes being a "Light of Hope" to a child or children they are involved with. This could be a teacher, coach, mentor, faith-based mentor or anyone else who has invested in the life of a child or lives of children and made an impact on them.
We encourage you to mark your calendar and join us on April 25th for this very special community event. The ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. The 2019 Light of Hope is open to the public and no reservation is necessary.
For more information about Light of Hope, we encourage you to reach out to the CASA Executive Director, Paula Malmfeldt, at (770)886-4082 or via EMAIL HERE
Congratulations to our 2019 Light of Hope Awardees!
- Jennifer Pettipas-Buescher, Child Advocacy Center Forensic Interviewer
- Tina Huck, Executive Director, Family Promise
- Kara Quincy, School Nurse, Forsyth County Schools
- Afiya Hinkson, DFCS SAAG (State Assistant Attorney General)
- Scott and Jessica Torres, foster parents and founder of Fostering Together
- Jamie Barnes, Assistant Principal, Matt Elementary School
- Brittney Hampton, DFCS Social Services Supervisor and former DFCS Case Manager
- Wayne Caton, CASA of the Year, CASA of Forsyth County
Please join us at the Light of Hope Celebration on Thursday evening, April 25th, to honor these Lights of Hope who have made an extraordinary difference in the life of children in our community!